Research Scientist – Kidney Team
Miromatrix is a Minnesota-based biotechnology company engaged in the development of fully biological human organs to solve the chronic shortage of transplantable organs, utilizing its patented perfusion decellularization/recellularization technology. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing company with novel products.
Miromatrix has an immediate opening for a highly-motivated individual who wants to join our team in a fast-paced, results-oriented work environment. We are looking for a talented Product Development Scientist to join our Kidney Team in the development of a novel recellularized kidney graft for the treatment of kidney failure.
• Experiment planning
• Characterization of kidney function
• Cell culture
• Bioreactor seeding
• Decellularization of kidneys
• Preclinical studies
• BS degree in one of the Life Sciences or Engineering disciplines including Tissue or Biomedical Engineering
• Highly proficient in cell culture with at least 2 years of experience
• Excellent organizational, verbal, written, and interpersonal skills are essential
• Enthusiasm for a collaborative work culture
Preference will be given to those with prior tissue engineering experience and a background in regenerative medicine, either industry or academic related. Additional experience in the characterization of kidney function, primary cell isolation and culture, extracellular matrix, and/or endothelial cell culture are definite pluses as well as an MS or PhD in a biology or engineering discipline.
We encourage those with industrial regenerative medicine or tissue engineering experience to apply.