Senior Product Development Scientist // Kidney Team
Miromatrix is a Minnesota-based biotechnology company engaged in the development of fully biological human organs to solve the chronic shortage of transplantable organs, utilizing its patented perfusion decellularization/recellularization technology. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing company with novel products.
Miromatrix has an immediate opening for a highly motivated individual who wants to join our team in a fast-paced, results-oriented work environment. We are looking for a talented Senior Product Development Scientist to join our Kidney Team in the development of a novel recellularized kidney graft for the treatment of kidney failure.
• Design of experiments
• Assay and protocol development
• Mammalian cell culture
• Solution and culture media preparation
• Bioreactor seeding and media changes
• Harvest and decellularization of kidneys
• Characterization of kidney function
• Assist with preclinical studies
• BS and PhD degree in one of the Life Sciences or Engineering disciplines including Biomedical Engineering or Tissue Engineering
• Highly proficient in mammalian (adherent) cell culture with at least 2 years of experience
• Excellent organizational, verbal, written, and interpersonal skills are essential
• Enthusiasm for a collaborative work culture
• Must be available to start by February 2019
Preference will be given to those with prior tissue engineering and/or regenerative medicine experience, either industry or academic related. Additional experience in the characterization of kidney function, primary cell isolation and culture, extracellular matrix, and/or endothelial cell culture are definite pluses.
We encourage those with industrial regenerative medicine or tissue engineering experience to apply.
Miromatrix offers competitive compensation and benefits with great growth potential. The company is committed to providing a safe, fair and enjoyable work environment. Job offer is contingent upon a background check and drug screening. Miromatrix is an equal opportunity employer.