a better future
Miromatrix Medical Inc. was created from the idea of living in a world without an organ transplant waiting list. With an average of 22 people dying each day waiting for a transplant, the need for a solution is dire.
Founded in 2009 from the University of Minnesota's breakthrough advances in perfusion decellularization and recellularization, we continue to be the world leader in bringing the promise of fully biologic organs to the people who need them.
Driven by the promise of our exclusive technologies we have raised the bar of regenerative medicine by introducing the next generation of extracellular matrix based medical devices in soft tissue reinforcement and advanced wound care. As we make progress towards whole-organ solutions our development pipeline includes many organ-derived medical devices to meet healthcare needs.
Nature holds the key to the future of regenerative medicine and we are excited to continue to harness its potential to improve and save lives!
at a Glance
- Miromatrix leads the world in progressing towards eliminating the organ transplant wait list by bringing the promise of fully biological organs to the people that need it.
- Founded in 2009.
- Miromatrix Medical is currently engaged in the development of various whole organs with the liver program furthest in development followed closely by the kidney program.
- MIROMESH and MIRODERM were launched in 2014 and 2015 respectively.
- Miromatrix Medical advances its organ programs by strategically partnering with The Mayo Clinic, The Texas Heart Institute and with Mount Sinai Hospital.
- Our exclusive perfusion decellularization and recellularization technologies are patented in every major market.
- Miromatrix Medical is headquartered in Eden Prairie, MN.